Project : Torbay
The big drive for the renovation was the microclimate of the house, being very cold in the winter and very warm in the summer. While areas of the house did not suit the owner’s needs and were consequently being underutilised. This major renovation was focused on:
- Sound insulation, making the home comfortable in both winter and summer.
- Remodelling the interior layout to maximise all the areas of the house in a way that will fit the owner’s lifestyle.
- The interior finishes and decoration theme to match their personal taste.
- Renewing and updating the electricity and lighting, including internet and data cabling, providing the ability to control many functions of the house remotely.
- Replacing the roof and a partial re-clad of the exterior to rid it of its tired old look and to characterise the owner’s taste.
- Renewing an old deck and extending another, while adding a staircase leading into the garden.
Stage 1 included the demolition and building of a new workshop and carport. While the layout of the ground floor in the house was completely changed to suit their needs. The new design included a fresh modern laundry with a beautiful timber finish. A large study/office was added that can easily be turned into a comfortable bedroom, if the need arises. The master bedroom now has its own ensuite, sitting area and coffee bar where light meals can easily be prepared.
Stage 2 included re-roofing and a partial re-clad of the upper floor exterior walls. With minor changes to the bathroom to service the two bedrooms and guests when entertaining. The newly remodelled kitchen included a beautiful sandblasted marble bench top, complete with new modern appliances and a walk-in pantry.
To ensure a comfortable temperature in the house is maintained throughout the year, no stone was left unturned. By insulating the whole house, double glazing all the windows and exterior doors, adding heat pumps, a new wood burner and roof fans, and automating the window blinds, a comfortable temperature is now guaranteed.
An old deck was replaced entirely while another deck was extended, and a staircase was added leading to the garden and front gate. The balustrades of the decks consist of stainless-steel posts and framing with cabling finished with a purple heart timber capping. By opening folding doors on either side of the dining room, both decks can form part of the beautiful entraining area which houses a BBQ and a Pizza Oven.
What are you waiting for?
Let’s start discussing your ideas for your new project